Friday, February 24, 2012

"I Have a Dream"

For the entire month of February, we have been doing a lot of activities for Black History month. Here, we are making our "dreams." After reading and learning about Martin Luther King, Jr., we made our own dreams that we would like to see happen in the world. Some great examples were, "I want people to recycle more." "I want everyone to be nice." "I want everyone to share more." It was very cute and we really did learn how Martin Luther King's speech helped change the world for the better.

We also did an activity where we took 2 eggs, one brown and one white. I passed them around and we discussed the differences between the two eggs. We decided that the only difference was the color. Then, we cracked the eggs open, and I passed them around and asked if they saw any difference, (unfortunately, one yolk broke, so I had to break the other one, so that I could get my point across). They did not see a difference in the inside of the egg. So, we talked about how even though the two eggs had different colored shells, they were still the same on the inside. We related it to just because people have different colored skin, we are all the same, all human and we are to treat everyone with respect. It was a very nice and educational lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment